Wojciech Waleczek PhD, DSc, Prof. of the Silesian University in Katowice is recognized internationally as a pianist with uncompromisingly high standards in performance. Artist, born in 1980, has been pursuing a robust concert career playing as soloist with symphonic orchestras, solo piano recitals and chamber music concerts in the 27 countries of Europe as well as in Kazakhstan, Jordan, Tunesia, Palestina, Algeria, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Guyana, Suriname, Canada and the USA.
He has appeared as a soloist with the orchestras of the following philharmonics: Kalisz, Karlovy Vary, Kielce, Koszalin, Lublin, Łódź, Opole, Pomeranian, Rzeszów, Toruń, Szczecin, Wałbrzych, Wrocław, Zabrze, Sinfonia Iuventus, Polish Chamber Philharmonic Sopot, Capella Bydgostiensis, Beethoven Academy Orchestra in Cracow, Polish Radio Orchestra in Warsaw, Elbląg Chamber Orchestra, Kaposvar Symphony Orchestra, National Chamber Orchestra of Moldova, Amman Symphony Orchestra, Symphonic Orchestra of Academic Theatre in Briest, Symphonic Orchestra of the National Theatre in Brazil, Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra. He co-operated with many conductors, including: M. J. Błaszczyk, Ł. Borowicz, K. Bumann, G. Chmura, S. Chrzanowski, M. Diadiura, M. Dworzyński, M. Fromanger, Chang Joon-Gun, M. Gawroński, Cz. Grabowski, I. Hobson, G. Kerenyi, V. Kiradijev, J. Kosek, M. Lebel, M. Nesterowicz, M. Metelska, O. Palymsky, D. Pavilionis, M. Pijarowski, P. Przytocki, W. Rajski, J. Rogala, Z. Rychert, J. Salwarowski, M. U. Sidiq, R. Silva, M. Smolij, A. Sosnovsky, M. Sugar, P. Veneri, T. Wojciechowski, M. Wolniewski, J. M. Zarzycki, A. Weiser, M. Żółtowski, B. Żurakowski.
• F. Liszt - Violin and Piano Music (Voytek Proniewicz - skrzypce), Naxos (2014)
• F. Liszt - Grandes études de Paganini, Transcendental études de Paganini, Capriccio (2017)
• F. Liszt - Harmonies poétiques et religieuses, Naxos (2019)
- The 3rd prize, Arthur Rubinstein Prize founded by Aniela Rubinstein and a special prize of the Kościuszko Foundation in New York at The 2nd International Competition for Young Pianists "Arthur Rubinstein in memoriam" in Bydgoszcz, Poland (1996),
- The 1st prize and the prize for the best performance of a concerto at the 4th F. Liszt National Piano Competition in Wrocław, Poland (1997),
- The 3rd prize at the 7th F. Liszt International Piano Competition "Premio Mario Zanfi" in Parma, Italy (2000),
- The 2nd prize at the Young Musicians` Festival in Gdansk, Poland (2002),
- The 3rd prize at the 6th International Piano Seiler Competition in Palermo, Italy (2005),
- The 3rd prize at the 3rd F. Liszt International Piano Competition in Wrocław, Poland (2005).
Wojciech Waleczek has graduated with a distinction from the Academy of Music in Katowice, Poland in a piano class of Prof. Zbigniew Raubo in 2003. He continued his studies with Prof. Lee Kum-Sing in the Vancouver Academy of Music, Canada. He received the degrees of Doctor of Arts and Habilitated Doctor of Arts from the Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz, Poland (2014 and 2017).
Pianist was awarded by the Prime Minister and the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Poland, by the presidents of Katowice and Gliwice as well as by the Regional Council of the Silesian Province and many other private and public institutions.
Beside concert activity he works as a Professor of the Silesian University in Katowice.
He received the Decoration of Honor „Meritorious for Polish Culture” from the Polish Minister of Culture and National Heritage in 2017 and the Honorary Badge for Merits for the Silesian Voivodeship from the Silesian Counsil in 2018.